Games User Research Jobs
Getting a job in the games industry is hard, and competition can be fierce. Here’s how to get ahead of everyone else and start your new career in games user research today.
The latest games user research jobs
The games industry is full of passionate and inspired people, and can be a fantastic industry for running interesting, relevant and fun UX + user research studies, and professional quality playtests.
Grow your games career and discover a new role in the industry. See the latest games UX + user research roles for every stage of your career below:
- @GamesURJobs: Florida Disability Access and Awareness Foundation – Volunteer Games User Experience Researcher
- @GamesURJobs: Manchester Metropolitan University – Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Computer Games User Research)
- @GamesURJobs: 2K Games – Senior User Researcher
- @GamesURJobs: Electronic Arts Inc. – Project Manager (UX Research)
- @GamesURJobs: Ubisoft – Associate User Research Project Manager – Halifax (Kjipuktuk), NOVA SCOTIA, Canada
- @GamesURJobs: Niantic – Qualitative User Experience Researcher (Contract)
- @GamesURJobs: Ubisoft – Lead User Researcher – Ubisoft Paris (M/NB/W)
- @GamesURJobs: Embark – UX Researcher
- @GamesURJobs: 2K Games – Senior User Researcher – Novato, California, Estados Unidos
- @GamesURJobs: Netflix Games Studio – Senior Researcher – Consumer Insights, Games Studio
- @GamesURJobs: The New York Times – Senior Researcher, Games
- @GamesURJobs: PlayStation Global – Senior User Researcher
- @GamesURJobs: Niantic – Senior/Staff UX Researcher, Pokémon GO – Seattle Area (Bellevue), WA
- @GamesURJobs: Electronic Arts Inc. – User Experience Research Co-Op
- @GamesURJobs: Electronic Arts Inc. – Sr. UX Researcher
- @GamesURJobs: Kwalee – Junior Insights Researcher
- @GamesURJobs: NetEase Games – Principal User Researcher/Chercheur(se) principal des utilisateurs
- @GamesURJobs: Sprung Studios – Participant Coordinator – UXR · Vancouver, British Columbia
- GamesURJobs: Frontier – PRODUCER (USER RESEARCH)
- GamesURJobs: Rovio Entertainment Corporation – Senior User Experience Researcher
- GamesURJobs: Kabam – User Researcher (Co-op/Intern)
- GamesURJobs: Warner Bros – Senior User Researcher
- GamesURJobs: Niantic – Senior UX Researcher
- GamesURJobs: Riot Games – Senior Games User Researcher – Shanghai, Shanghái, China (Hybrid)
- GamesURJobs: Epic Games – User Experience Research Operations Manager
Ace the interview
The bestselling book How To Be A Games User Researcher has helped hundreds of readers get their first job in games. It explains how user research fits within game development, how to run high-quality studies, and how to get ahead in your job hunt.
The career section of the book covers:
- How to get and demonstrate experience without a job
- What skills are employers looking for?
- How to prepare a CV and portfolio
- What it’s like working in the games industry
Learn more about how to start your career in games, and how to run great studies in the full book
Resources for job-seekers
17 Games UX Research Job Interview Questions To Prepare For
You’ve got the interview for the games studio of your dreams. Learn what you will be asked, and how to answer games user research interview questions.
How to get games user research experience (before you have a job)
No experience holding you back? Learn how to get games experience before you get your first job in games UX research.
Make a games user research portfolio
Discover whether a portfolio is required for games user research, and how to make one.
Get Insider Access to the games industry
Get monthly new articles teaching you how to be a games user researcher.
Join the most interesting conversations about games user research, discover job opportunities, and be introduced to new ways to think about developing your games user research career.